What experience level do I need to join the workshop?
Workshops are for all levels and types of photographers from beginner to advanced. You should be keen to learn all the skills necessary to capture the best possible shots. You will also need to have a basic understanding of shooting in manual, AV and TV mode, although a short briefing can be given in this area. These workshops are for all photographers: fashion, glamour, portrait, wedding and lifestyle.
How much is the deposit for the course and when is it due?
To reserve the dates of your workshop, a 50% deposit is required. The balance will be paid 4 week before the workshop starts.
Is my deposit refundable?
We comprehend that plans might change in your life. Therefore we are flexible with cancellations. You will need to inform us of your cancellation in writing. You will get your deposit back if you cancel 6 weeks prior to the date of your workshop/s. No deposit is refundable after this time. If we receive a new booking, even on the last few days before the workshop starts, you may still be eligible for a refund. Alternatively you can keep it for future workshops.
What happens if you cancel a workshop date?
If the workshop is cancel for any reasons, we will notify you in writing as soon as we can. Your deposit will be refunded in full or if you prefer you can keep it as a credit for future workshops.
Do you have a workshop program to show what happens on the day?
The workshop program can change according to the location, weather and other circumstances behind our control. We start the day with breakfast where I will brief you about the workshop and you are welcome to ask any questions related to photography. You will be shooting for about 5 hours with a lunch break in the morning or morning and afternoon depending on the weather and/or location/s. We will return to the base for a photoshop session. More details can be found on the individual workshop pages. Any questions about each individual workshop, please do not hesitate to enquire email@example.com.
How many photographers will attend the course?
We usually have a small group of up to 8 participants.
Do you provide flights?
No, due to scheduling, you will be required to pay for your own flights. We have a full list of airlines and times to help you with this process. We also recommend using www.skyscanner.net to search for the cheapest option.
When should I buy my flight tickets?
As soon as you book your place with Photo Holiday Workshops we will get in touch with you to confirm the holiday workshop. In order to confirm the week, we need to reach a certain amount of participants. If the number of participants is not met (minimum 5 ) then that particular week will be cancelled and we will refund you any fees paid.
When should I arrive and depart?
Workshops usually start at around 10 am and finishes around 4 pm. It would be ideal to arrive the previous day of your booking so you can get familiar with the rest of the team. But you can arrive early in the morning of the day of the shoot. (Not recommended). The villa is located only 20 minutes from Fiumicino airport or 40 minutes from Ciampino airport (according to traffic). Please let us know if there are any delays with your flight. You can then depart 2-3 days later so you can enjoy Rome and the Villa as accommodation is included.
Which one is the best airport for Rome workshop?
Which one is the best airport for Puglia workshop?
Do I need to bring equipment or do you provide it?
You will need to bring your essential gear to shoot: DSLR is recommended, but you might also use Mirrorless or compact cameras. Spare batteries, lenses (1 or 2 lenses a 50mm and a short telephoto, but not essential. Please let us know prior to attend the course which lens you are planning to take.), some memory cards, a tripod (but not essential), Italian electricity plug converters (some are are on site). You can hire camera and lenses from us. We will provide you with all the essential photographic lights for your training. We work in association with Elinchrom and The Flash Centre in London. We will use Quadra battery pack portable studio lights with many light modifiers, reflectors, accessories and so on. We also recommend you bring a laptop if you would like to attend photoshop sessions, a phone charger, sun cream and towels. You are welcome to show us your portfolio whether in print or digital.
Is my personal belongings including my photographic kit insured?
Photo Holiday Workshops does not cover for any loss or damage of your equipment and/or personal belongings. We suggest purchasing travel insurance. Airlines provide insurance. You can also try insurance comparing websites such us: www.comparethemarket.com, www.moneysupermarket.com or www.gocompare.com
What insurance cover do you provide?
We offer public liability insurance to cover all the participants who stay at the villa and shooting on location. Please note that our Public Liability does not cover for your equipment loss, damaged, theft or if you cause injury to other people or damage other people equipment or venues. All equipment and personal belongings are your responsibility. We will do our best to protect your personal belongings, but we suggest you purchase a travel insurance policy that covers your entire stay.
Do I get “free” accommodation at the villa?
“Yes” you will get free accommodation at Villa Aranova. The villa has twin shared accommodation with WI-FI. All rooms have 2 beds, one room has 1 bed, and one has a bed and a sofa bed. There is a lot of storage space and you have a use of 2 bathrooms. (If you are coming with a partner or if you prefer to stay on your own and require a separate accommodation, please let us know and we will hep you to find one near by). You can enjoy the garden and woods, socialising on the patio with a glass of wine watching the sunset. Continental breakfast and light lunch are included in the price. In he morning you have a selection of cereals, bread, juice and fresh fruits. For lunch (while shooting on location) there will be a selection of sandwich or pizza with plenty of water and juices. If you are vegetarian or allergic to some food, please let us know. Before dinner you can indulge a glass or two of wine in the garden patio. The nearest restaurant is at only 150 metre walk “Il Caminetto” serving delicious local food from fish, meat, pasta and pizza in their beautiful garden in the middle of mediterranean trees. Of course with plenty of wine.
Can I stay at the villa for some extra days to visit Rome?
Yes you can stay as much as you want, providing Villa Aranova is available for your requested dates. I will offer a special discount for you, partner, friends or family.
How many hours will I be shooting each day and will I get any free time?
Photographers will shoot approximately 6 hours per day.
Who would I work with?
You will be working and get help from professional hair and make up artist, wardrobe stylist and most important with professional agency represented models all currently working in the photographic industry.
Models are shown on the team page. One model per day unless we will be shooting street photography, reportage or travel. Models may change at last min without notice due to illness.
Can I keep the photos and how can I use them?
Yes you can keep all the photos. The usage of all the images taken is strictly for your personal use such as: printed portfolio, website, Social media. Commercial use of these images is not permitted unless you will ask for a written permission from Photo Holiday Workshops.
Do you you supply the images retouched?
No but there is a photoshop session on the last day and a couple of hours in the evening where you can learn how to retouch your own images. Alternatively we have in house retouching and printing services. We can also design design your business cards and build your professional website. Please ask for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions Agreement
Photo Holiday Workshops are conducted by Meldany Photography based in London, UK. This agreement contains the entire understanding between Melgiovanni Photography and the CLIENT. The CLIENT shall be those whose name appears on the contract. It supersedes all prior and simultaneous agreements between the parties. The only way to add or change this agreement is to do so in writing, signed by all the parties. If the parties want to waive one provision of this agreement, that does not mean that any other provision is also waived. The party against whom a waiver is sought to be effective must have signed a waiver in writing. The client agrees to advise Melgiovanni Photography immediately, in writing, of any alterations in the details listed on this agreement including postponement or cancellation of the Wedding. By reserving a place for a workshop and signing this agreement, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms & conditions.
- Photo Holiday Workshops will do its best to teach you all tricks and tips of photography. By the end of the session/s the client is able to take an assignment on its own. But if the client will arrive late or not attending one or more sessions or leave before finishing, we are not responsible for the client not achieving any photographic skills. In this case the client is not entitled to a refund. Late arrivals are accepted at tutor discretion as might make the other participants loose their concentration.
- Photo Holiday Workshops offers a pleasant experience and will make sure all participants are happy and enjoy time spent with the team. In the event of an unacceptable behavior regardless to all of the circumstances, would be offensive, belittling, abusive or threatening to another persons or adverse to morale, discipline or workplace cohesion, or otherwise not in the interests of defense to any member of the team or participants, team leader may ask the client to leave the workshop and no refund fees would be given back.
Cancellations and fees
- To secure a place, a 50% deposit of the total agreed by both party for each workshop must be paid at the signature of this contract. If a workshop/s is cancelled up to six weeks prior to the starting date the client will be entitled to receive a refund. The client will be responsible to pay any PayPal or bank fees. The balance must be paid at least 4 weeks before workshop/s start. If the balance is not paid in full by this date, the client will loose his/her place in the workshop/s. No refund is given back for a deposit paid. If the client is not able to attend a workshop/s and he/she would like to transfer the deposit to the next one, the client must notify us in writing 4 weeks prior the workshop/s start.
- If in the unlikely event that Photo Holiday Workshops has to cancel a workshop at any time, we will notify the client and any money paid will be refunded with the exception of travel or/and accommodation costs.
- In the event of any changes such as a member of the team can’t make the workshop/s due to extenuating circumstances, change of date/s or venue/s you will be notified as soon as possible in writing. No refund is given but we will do our best to notify the client in writing.
Privacy and Image Usage
- All participants can keep all the photos taken by them. These images can be strictly used for the client own personal use such as: printed portfolio, website and social media to show the client portfolio and the client must credit Photo Holiday Workshops on every posting. Commercial use of images is not permitted unless the client will ask for a written permission from Photo Holiday Workshops and appropriate commercial fees is paid. The client can’t also use these photos to advertise any workshops or photo shoots.
- The client agrees that we have advised the client that no one of the participants in Photo Holiday Workshops have given releases allowing commercial use of any images taken at the workshop and that the client may be subject to legal liability if the client have used any images commercially. The client acknowledges to indemnify and defend Photo Holiday Workshops, its members officers, its team and employees and all other participants in the workshop from any claims, losses, costs or expenses (including solicitors’ fees and expenses) arising out of or relating to any claim that the client has used an image taken at the workshop in any manner that is not permitted in this Agreement.
- If the client is not sure about what the client can use and how to use photos taken at any workshops, please contact Photo Holiday Workshops for confirmation; providing the client will not be relieved of any obligations under the above paragraph.
- Taking photo, videos or recording audio of the workshop/s is not permitted at any time. A permission must be given by Photo Holiday Workshops in writing.
- Photo Holiday Workshops is not responsible for any personal injury or injury the client will cause to other people or damage to property resulting from incidents occurring at the workshop venue and accommodation. The client is advised to keep the client personal belongings and camera gear with the client at all times. The client should make an inventory and check it before leaving the venue or place where the client will stay. Photo Holiday Workshops is not responsible for loss of, or damage to, the client personal property.
- Photo Holiday Workshops strongly advise the client to get a travel and photography insurance. You can check Photo Guard
APPLICABLE LAW: This agreement shall be governed by the laws of England, Wales & Scotland.
If you have any questions regarding this terms, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com
© Photo Holiday Workshops