PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP IN ROME
Experience and participate in the creation of a real fashion, fashion nude and artistic nude shoot with a professional team. From styling the shoot to lighting set up, shooting, editing and retouching. Learn how to work on a precise brief, get comfortable working on location whether with sunlight or strobes and directing the model to achieve the results you have in mind. Learn new creative shooting modes and find out about the editing steps that will make your images stand out.
The time spent creating an editorial with professional lighting equipment from Elinchrom and advice will enhance your confidence and skills in such a demanding and sometimes unfamiliar environment.
Key topics related to the fashion photography industry such as contact building, approaching clients, marketing and networking will also be covered in detail, together with a portfolio review. Explore fashion & portrait photography editing techniques with the latest Photoshop CC, to provide an all-round acquaintance with all possible aspects of such a competitive field.
The workshops on day one start with a fashion shooting session. Day two will be glamour and art nude. Day three will be dedicated to shooting street photography in the historic centre of Rome. On day four you will gain knowledge in editing, retouching, colour correcting and airbrushing your favourite photos you have taken during your stay in Rome. All workshops include the collaboration of a professional model/s and professional tutors. Also you will have the use of an helicopter, vintage car and vintage vespa.
Enjoy and relax at Villa Aranova a luxury villa just 15 min from Rome and the beach. Indulge with a glass of wine in the garden patio while watching the sunset.
- Creative shooting – directing your model – lighting set ups
- Photoshop editing techniques -Introduction to fashion retouching/airbrushing
- Work with a professional team
- Common fashion photography terminology -arranging a fashion shoot
- Finding and approaching a creative team to collaborate with
- Advertising your work and create contacts
- Effective use of networking websites to your advantage-creating and printing a winning portfolio
- Approaching clients
- Shutter speed, Aperture and Depth of field (brief guidance)
- Flash and speedlite
- Questions and answears during break times
Photographic gear needed:
- Your own DSLR, mirrorless or compact camera, fully charged batteries and memory cards (If you don’t have it can be hired from us)
- 50mm and a zoom lens. Wide angle lens could be useful but not essential. If you are not sure on which lenses or equipment to bring, please contact us to get advise. (Lenses can be hired from us)
- A tripod
- For editing and retouching you will need your laptop (a mouse or graphic tablet would be a bonus).
Learn to shoot like a pro!
from 18th May to 21st May 2017
from 25th May to 28th May 2017
Limited to 8 photographers
(All candidates will get complimentary accommodation based on a shared twin room, breakfast and light lunch)